Thursday, September 23, 2010

My "Simple" Life part 2

Lars and Kristen started dating and knew that both of them wanted to get farther in their careers before getting married but both wanted to be married. They are both working at the hospital and would like to be more than the low man on the totem poll before starting a family. Kristen is such a sweet girl and when her parents died she had no place to go. We offered her a bed, food, and even a chance to find a job and be successful something that the family would offer to any spouse that the kids chose. As time went on the two would have silly little contests to see who would get the promotion first. They both worked hard together and both got the promotion on the same day. They laughed and enjoyed the fact they could celebrate together. Together the two of them were amazing and always knew
that they could count on one another. I invited Kristen and Hillary to France with me to have some girl time. We all enjoyed it but Hillary a bit to much she has been falling more and more in love with France and constantly wants to travel there. I have a feeling she will be moving there as some point. Lars was eager to get promoted again because he wanted so badly to call Kristen his life partner and wife. He got a phone call later that day from his ex Lillynn and he was shocked to find out that she was pregnant. "That is so awesome Lil you will make a great mom," he told her trying to be nice even though he knew how she turned out. They went out for lunch and he was eager to tell Lilly all about Kristen and how much he loved her. This was a bit much for Lilly and she didn't want to hear much before she left,
Lars truly loved Kristen and always made sure to do little things for her to let her know this. A back rub was waiting everyday when she would get home from working over time to help out with funds. They both got side jobs to help out as well. Kristen loved to garden and she was always finding new seeds to plant and was keeping some and selling most to the grocery store. Home grown fruits and vegetables sold   very well and lots of people bought them. She also took up on helping out around town with people who were sick. Kristen truly was a great girl and I was so happy that Lars found her. Lars' side job was playing guitar for tips. He enjoyed it allot and made great tips one day he made over $600 and he played for 5 hours. He picked the most
beautiful places around town and I couldn't believe how many people would show up to watch him. He would sometimes invite people over who wanted to hear him play as well. Still living at home and after receiving a total of 3 promotions Lars knew it was time to propose. He had it all planned out and wanted to take Kristen out to dinner but when she got home from work she fell right to sleep Lars then had me cook her favorite dish and had her dress up. They ate dinner and were talking and kids came up onto the subject. Hillary, Lance, Clayton and I all left the room knowing that he was wanting to propose that day. "Kristen, I've been working really hard for our future and I want you to know that this is a preview of how i'm going to provide no matter what it takes for our family. I love you so much 
will you marry me Kristen?" She started to jump up and down and said YES!!! Lars was over the moon and told his entire family. Because they wanted to get married on their day off they only had one more day then they would have to wait a week. The two decided they wanted to be married as soon as possible. They got everything they needed and threw a wedding party for 7:00pm Sunday night knowing that more people would come if it was later. Lars began to think about Lilly and if she was truly happy because he knew he was. Lilly's pregnancy was much farther along by this time and Lars decided to invite her since she was his best friend for so many years. Kristen could care less because she knew that Lars love her and that he wouldn't
her for Lillynn. Lilly chose a path of crime and a man who was evil and hated children. He was much worse than her dad growing up. He would get any at her because he was grumpy all the time and the would fight constantly. Lilly did the best she could with what she had but being in an abusive relationship she felt stuck. She was sent to jail twice and if she gets sent away a 3rd time she could have the baby (when its born) taken from her. Kristen offered her help Lilly but Lilly insisted she mind her own business and leave her alone. Both ladies would then talk but never about the choices Lilly was making. 
The plans for the wedding were taking off and I was so excited to marry Kristen we had a romantic feel present for the night time wedding and everyone had a great time. Even Lilly showed up and
wished them congratulations but didn't stay long. The night was filled with eating and dancing a PERFECT wedding for this amazing couple. They have decided to live with us for a little bit longer and try to have children. Lance and I would LOVE for them to have children but understand that all good things take time. They moved out shortly after being married and low and behold got pregnant. I couldn't believe that they were going to be having a baby and I was going to be a grandma. They are such a beautiful couple and I know they will make amazing parents. Kristen had an easy pregnancy with NO morning sickness. She loved to eat ice cream and soup constantly. She also read several book about pregnancy and how to raise children I knew that I had prepared Lars to be a supportive husband and loving father but never knew just how amazing he was going to be till I saw it with my own eyes. Evey day when he got home from work Kristen received a kiss and he talked or rubbed her belly. I visited allot and they visited here allot too. We agreed to not be strangers.

The Welder household
From Lars' point of view:
This is our first home not far from where I grew up. We liked the fact that it was easy to build on if we decided to have more kids, but we would honestly be happy if we only had this one.
Lillynn and her son Tyson Ronald McDermott
We were invited to a party for Lillynn's son and we decided to go. Lilly was quite surprised to see that we were also expecting. I played with the baby and snuggled him and Kristen was happy that I was a natural when it came to babies.

We visited my parents quite often and it was nice to have time with my parents and keep them involved.
My mom was more than happy to have us come over and would call us as soon as she got home from work!
I would play guitar for the baby and then see if I could feel it move or hear it singing. I'm not sure whats wrong with my brother in this picture but he needs to lay off I'm excited to be a dad.
Kristen was always working in the garden either at our house or my parents house. She LOVED doing it and it helped my parents out as they were ageing.
We were on our way to a wedding that Kristen was a bridesmaid in when she went into labor. 
Instead of having a home birth we chose to have the baby at the hospital since we both worked there and because we wanted to make sure everything was ok. 
Kelsey Marie Welder was born and I couldn't believe I had a daughter. The first thing that came to mind was that I would be fighting off allot of boys from my door step.
My mom came over to visit more than we visited her after Kelsey was born because we didn't like taking Kelsey out to much. Kristen and I wanted her to stay healthy.
Even my brother couldn't get enough of his niece. He came over after school to feed her and then rocked her to sleep.
Hillary married Garry Jones. They had a family only ceremony by the garden where he proposed to her. They wanted to live with my parents till after having their first child. 
My sister got pregnant right away. This pregnancy was special to her because since she was adopted she had never seen a blood relative in her life. Now she was going to mother a biological child and she couldn't wait.
At first he didn't seem to get the concept that talking about baby food made him think it was lunch time NOT that she was going to tell them she was pregnant.
After he was done thinking about his stomach he got really excited and couldn't wait to be a dad. He was secretly hoping for a boy.
After an intense car accident Hillary was put on bed rest. She was scared she was going to loose the baby.
Can you believe it Kelsey was already a toddler and ready to start learning new things. Since Kristen and I worked the same hours we needed a baby sitter to fill in while we worked.
He was an amazing baby sitter who loved her dearly. He was always playing with her and I don't think she cried once while in his care.
After a long day at work it was always nice to have time with our amazing daughter. I love watching my wife be a mother.
Daddy's little girl! I know every dad says that but Kelsey truly was a daddy's girl.
My sister remained on bed rest till she went into labor. She chose to have a home birth and delivered....
TWIN BOYS! Calder Ray Jones and Kevin Lonnie Jones. They were both 100% healthy and both parents were quite surprised to have twins.
Who would have thought that our second little one was on its way. Kristen found out late one night and decided to surprise me the next day.
We looked at Kelsey awww the next morning. She would be a child soon and not just that but a big sister. It was so neat for Kristen to tell me about baby #2 in front of Kelsey EVEN if she couldn't understand.

SIDE NOTE:
This family went on to have 3 children all daughters. They wish to continue their journey but sadly things didn't go as planned. I need a new hard drive so I hate to get connected to one family just to have to start all over. This is their last blog :(

No comments:

Post a Comment